Cyprus Marriage Procedure

Michalaki, Pitsillidou & Co LLC > English Articles  > Cyprus Marriage Procedure

Cyprus Marriage Procedure

Cyprus marriage procedure

The applications for ‘Marriage’, can be submitted by foreign husbands of a Cypriot resident, who have already completed more than three years of marriage, including harmonious cohabitation with the Cypriot spouse and two years of residence in Cyprus prior to the date of the marriage application.
The Authorities of Cyprus compel the citizens to fill the below-mentioned documents:

– Marriage certificate.

– Birth certificate of the applicant.

– Certificate of clean criminal record of the applicant.
– Copy of the applicant’s passport.
– Copy of the spouse’s passport.
– Certificate of acquisition of becoming a Cypriot of the Cypriot spouse.

– Relevant Form duly completed and signed by the applicant.

– Birth certificate of the couple’s children.
– Statement of harmonious cohabitation signed before an Officer of the District Administration           Office or the diplomatic authority.

The applications for acquisition of citizenship can be also submitted by spouses of overseas Cypriots after they have completed at least three years of marriage. In addition, these applications must be accompanied by a letter from the couple stating the reasons for requesting the grant of being a Cyprus resident to the foreign spouse. Therefore, if the couple has completed at least five years of marriage and has at least one child, it is not essential to attach the aforementioned letter.
It is significant to be noted that all public documents allocated above have to:

– Bear a certified translation into Greek or English from Press and Information Office.

– Be certified with apostille if the country has signed ‘The Hague Convention’ of 1961 or Certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then by the Consulate of Cyprus in his country and then the Consulate of his country in Cyprus and then specialized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cyprus.


On the contrary, in case where the country of origin of the applicant was not signed ‘The Hague Convention’ of 1961 and there is no Consulate in the above-mentioned country, the documents must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then the nearest Consulate which is attributed to Cyprus.

For more information and guidance please email Michalaki, Pitsillidou & Co LLC – iMPK Global Business Law Firm – Cyprus Lawyers, at or visit our website at +357 25660092 – Fax +357 25 660097.




No Comments

Leave a Comment

Translate »