Right to Privacy and Society Vs. Cyber Attacks and Cyber Crime
The last two decades, internet has grown exponentially worldwide. Access to information and connectivity and the consequences of cyber crime are enormous.
What is Cyber Crime? Cybercrime is any criminal activity in which a computer or network is the source, target or tool or place of crime. According to The Cambridge English Dictionary cyber crimes are the crimes committed with the use of computers or relating to computers, especially through the internet.
What the various types of Cyber Crimes include ?
- Worms Trojan Horses, Virus etc: are different hacking mechanisms
- Phishing: Bank Financial Frauds in Electronic banking which using social engineering techniques to commit identity theft.
- Personal Data Theft: Stealing personal data which compromising online personal data, email accounts and computer systems.
- Identity Theft: stealing cyberspace identity information of individual.
- Pornography: publishing or transmitting material containing sexually explicit act with publishing pornographic material over electronic media like websites, social networking sites etc.
- Child Pornography: publishing Obscene in Electronic Form involving children with publishing pornographic material involving children over electronic media like websites, etc.
- Intellectual Property Crimes: consists of a bundle of rights. Any unlawful act by which the owner is deprived completely or partially of his rights is an offence. The common form of IPR violation may be said to be software piracy, infringement of copyright, trademark, patents, designs and service mark violation, theft of computer source code, etc.
- Cracking: when a stranger has broken into user computer systems without user’s knowledge and consent and has tampered with precious confidential data and information. Cracker are differ with hacker because hacker are hired by companies to audit network security or test software but cracker do same work for their own profit or to harm others.
- Cyber Trafficking: It may be trafficking in drugs, human beings, arms weapons etc which affects large number of persons. Trafficking in the cyberspace is also a gravest crime.
- Money Laundering: basically means the moving of illegally acquired cash through financial and other systems so that it appears to be legally acquired. This is possible prior to computer and internet technology.
In conclusion, Cyber Trespass definition, is the access to someone’s computer without the authorization of the owner and does not disturb, alter, misuse, or damage data or system by using wireless internet connection.