Cyprus Pink Slip
Pink Slip is about temporary residence permit in Cyprus and basically allows Non-European Union passport holders to extend their stay in the island. The period that Pink Slip allows, is more than 3 months (90 days). Additionally, it enables tourists and visitors to extend their stay, despite the duration of their primary visa. Must be noted that the application has to be done before visa expires. Applications must be applied to the Immigration Department of the city that the candidate lives.
The approximate period of the Pink Slip issuance is 3 months and once it is applied, there is an allowance to stay, until the temporary residence permit card is issued.
Validation of Cyprus Pink Slip lasts for 1 year and can be renewed on a yearly basis. Under this permission, a Pink Slip holder is allowed to live in Cyprus as a visitor, despite the Yellow Slip which concerns work permit. Moreover, the candidate and his/her family (partner and children under 18 years old) submits the application at the same time, with separate forms and can independently get their temporary residence card.
- Automatic cancellation of the permit if the person stays outside of the country for more than 3 months continually.
- There is no right to work in Cyprus.
- Only Non-European Citizens are allowed to apply.
- 1-year validation & yearly renewal.
How to obtain temporary residence permit
- Show a sufficient income from abroad in order to cover living expenses in Cyprus (estimated amount for a 3-member family is about €15,000 – €20,000)
- Show a house or an apartment rented / bought
- MVIS3 Application form duly completed – One for each family member.
- Certified Rental (1-year min. agreement) /sale agreement of a house/apartment by Muhtar or a notary public & stamped at tax office.
- Bank statement & proof of transfer from abroad in a bank account in Cyprus –
- Deposit/Transfer €15.000.
- Bank guarantee for each family member – Amount depends on nationality.
- Health insurance – International or Cypriot health insurance.
- Proof Documents of income from abroad
- Copy of Passport
- Marriage Certificate * – If applicable
- Children Birth Certificates * – If applicable
All above documents with (*), are required to be translated in English and to be apostilled OR to be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country that will issue them and by the Cyprus Embassy of such a Country.
Application fee when applying for the first time or renewal is €70 for each family member.
Registration Fee which is payable only the first time of application is €70 for each family member.
Michalaki Pitsillidou Services:
Michalaki, Pitsillidou Law Firm ensures a full management of the Pink Slip procedure. To properly advice you regarding legal documents as well as prepare certain documents needed, to book the date of the submission meeting, to accompany and represent you to the Immigration, to help you get any documentation needed from the Court and generally to stand by you through all this complicated process.